Over the weekend, I decided to hit the refresh button on my bathroom. Still feeling the momentum of the start of 2016, I thought this would be the perfect time to tackle some home projects that I had put off. Overall, I’m pretty satisfied with the look and feel of my apartment, but my bathroom just seemed to lack personality. Although, I love the feeling of tranquility that I get when I walk into my all white, subway tiled bathroom,I could no longer ignore the fact that I had no place to store my towels, a lot of blank wall space and a “Hello Kitty” soap dispenser.
If you’re also looking for ways to update your bathroom, without doing a full reno, here are “10 Simple Ways to Refresh Your Bathroom”.
1. Update your bath linens.
I chose white bath towels to bring a spa/hotel feel to my bathroom.
2. Switch out your shower curtain.
If you’re anything like me, you probably already have one or two in your linen closet.
4. Bring new life to your walls with some wall art or a fun bathroom door sign to make sure your guests know exactly where the bathroom is. I bought this cute vintage “Toilet” sign from Trinity Vintage Home.
5. Hang wall shelves, to create extra storage space.
I chose to make my shelves out of these cute wire baskets I found at Target. I’ll post the Step by step “How-to” later this week.
6. Find a nice tray or platter to place all of your toiletries.
Presentation is everything !
7. Upgrade your sink accessories.
My “Hello Kitty” soap dispenser had to go. ( no offense to anyone with “Hello Kitty” hand soap)
8. Give your feet a soft place to land, as you exit the shower, with a fluffy bath rug.
9. Upgrade your shower head and sink faucet.
10. Add some low maintenance greenery.
Think succulents or a “life-like” plant. (shhh.. no one will ever know they’re not real)